Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When Murphy wins...

It seems that when one thing starts to go wrong, it's a domino effect, EVERYTHING goes wrong at the same time...

Today I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch, after picking up the key to another friend's apartment, since he was going on a trip and leaving me at his place. The stupid alarm didn't go off and I missed both things. When I finally woke up (because I was cold!) and realized I was totally late, I was freaking out and wondering why the alarm hadn't gone off, until I tried to turn on the lights, and they wouldn't turn on! I checked the alarm, and nothing. Touched the heater: cold. Conclusion? There was no power.

I turned on the computer (which luckily runs on batteries!) and realized the wireless internet connections around my house were all up and running, which meant my neighbors had power... Conclusion? My roommates didn't pay the electric bill!!!

I tried to send a txt to my friends to explain why I hadn't showed up, but had run out of credit.

I take my computer to the balcony to check my email, and got an email that says my sort of plans for September might not work out until maybe MARCH!

I take a taxi to go to my friend's house, the one I should've been at 2hrs ago, and the taxi driver takes me around half the city while I was busy sending texts and not paying attention. Of course I yelled at him. He gave me a discount of ONE peso! Huge discount!

I go to Starbucks and get what I usually get, a mocha with extra chocolate and because I'm having a crappy day, an extra shot of Hazelnut which 90% of the time they don't charge me for. This time, not only did they charge me for the hazelnut, they even charged me for the extra mocha!!! Result, instead of paying $13 pesos, I paid $16. In a normal day, I would've complained and yelled at them. Today I don't even have the strength to do so...

Right now I'm at the above mentioned Starbucks, trying to relax, but about to run out of battery because their wall socket doesn't accept my computer plug.

Can this day get any worse????

2 comments:

  1. "Can this day get any worse???? "

    Thou shalt not tempt Murphy, for his law
    is swift and mercyless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with anonymous, but gladly that day ended, and you're alive & kicking ;)

    ReplyDelete