Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nomadic life...



I've been "living" in Buenos Aires for about 9 months now... but in those 9 months, I've left to go on trips 3 times, and a few other weekend escapades, so I haven't spent more than 6 months actually in BA.

When I was in France, I used to complain that I didn't have many friends who were crazy travelers like me, and I ended up not going on too many trips as a result (don't get me wrong, I still managed to go to Thailand, India, Nepal and a lot of European countries... I was just traveling alone!). Now it seems all I have are traveler friends, and each time someone says they're going to such-and-such place, if I can, I end up joining them.

But the question of this blog is this: will it ever stop? 

Historically, humans have began as nomads, until they figured out they could transform their environment and have a more settled and secure life. I feel like I'm "stuck" in that nomadic lifestyle, and even though the thought of settling down somewhere appeals to me sometimes (mainly when I get tired of carrying a backpack around), if I really think about settling down, it freaks me out and I immediately see red flashing lights that say NOOOOOO!!!!!

I love traveling, and I love my nomadic life (which is the reason I haven't stopped yet!). But sometimes I wonder if I'm not missing out in some aspects of life, things that you can only do when you have a permanent base, somewhere to call "home."


I hope someday I have logical and simple answer to the question "Where are you from?"

No comments:

Post a Comment