Friday, May 31, 2013

Moving day...


For the last 15 years of my life (almost half of my entire life!!!), every time I used the word "moving," it meant going to a different city, at least a few hundred kilometers away, most of the time, a different country or even continent. I've moved too many times, I've lost count.

However, as far as I can remember, this is the only time I moved inside the same city. It's definitely the first time that "moving" didn't mean also changing my entire life, the language I'm speaking day to day, the people I hang out with, the places I go, the activities I participate in. It's weird. I'm moving, but it doesn't really feel like it. I'm moving to a new apartment, 3.6km away. That's nothing. I can walk from one place to the other. It's 2 stops on the metro.

I think that's why I've taken it so easily. I'm usually really stressed out and worried and almost in a panic, for weeks before the move. It's not the move itself, it's the fact that it symbolizes a 180 degrees change of everything in my life. This time, the only thing that's changing is that I won't have roommates anymore.

That was the point, obviously, I wanted to get my own place. But at the same time, I was feeling all melancholy at the end of dinner tonight, looking around at all these people I love and have shared so much with, for 18 months. I'm going to miss them. A lot. I know they're only 15 minutes away, but we were a family, there's an inner circle, the Beermannkinder. I'm leaving the inner circle... and that's kinda sad... :(  This is the last post I will write here. It's 4:39am, I should probably be sleeping, but somehow I want to savor the last moments in this house... there are many dear memories here...

On a positive note, I feel like this is marking a changing point in my life. I'm "growing up," it's almost like moving out of the "dorms" after college. :) Silly comparison maybe, but that's what it feels like. I'm happy, and I think this will be very good for me.

Onward and Upward!

p.s.: also, totally looking forward to walking around naked in my own house! YEY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha how's the draft feel ya naked woman you?! Hope you've settled in well! much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete