Saturday, December 26, 2009

Butterflies and decisions...



I like making decisions. I'm usually pretty sure of what I want, and have a somewhat clear idea of how to get there. Of course, that doesn't mean I always get what I want. A lot of the times things are out of my control, and so even when I can see the path, sometimes the door is closed in my face.

But I think an unavoidable part of making decisions is that familiar feeling of butterflies in your stomach, and anxious bursts of impatience, "which one is the best choice? Should I pick A or B? What are the pros and cons of each?" I don't spend too much time in that though... I know that not making a decision usually results in lost opportunities and regrets, so I dive right in. There's the popular saying "I'd rather regret something I've done than wonder forever about the outcome of choices I didn't make."

All of that to say that I made quite a few decisions in the last couple of days, which will be appearing soon in my travel blog .

However, the butterflies don't go away the second you make the decision... and I think that's part of the expectations that follow a decision, no matter what it is about. I guess that's part of the fun... after all, I like butterflies... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment