Saturday, December 19, 2009

The virus of complaining and the art of relaxing

Complaining is something I don't like to do. And I don't like to be around people who complain all the time (I think nobody does...)



For the last month and a half, I was in Brasilia, and around people who complain ALL the time. They're negative. Nothing is ever alright, if it's hot, it's too hot. If it's cold, it should be hot. If it's Monday, they want it to be Tuesday. If it's Tuesday, it's because it's not Monday. It's insane. It drives me nuts! But like I said, it's a virus... so it rubs off on me and I catch myself complaining all the time. (I'm even doing it right now!!!)



But then you go to a different place. A place where people are relaxed and happy. Where the sun shines and the ocean is an incredible hypnotic blue. Where there's a hammock on the balcony, and you can just be, and hear yourself breathe...







All of a sudden, all that complaining goes away, and you remember that life is beautiful... and you walk for half an hour under the pouring rain at night, with a smile on your face and thank God for the rain, cuz it's so refreshing and beautiful.



Yeah, I definitely like the art of relaxing.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment